Deadline: Applications are processed continuously
Form of employment: Project employment / Permanent employment
Location: Moss, Norway
Start date: As soon as possible
Gate Zero – Project Description
We are producing Gate Zero – an open world adventure game set in the fascinating time of Jesus’ life. The game, based in ancient Israel, will be an immersive and innovative way to discover and learn about the Bible’s history and its revolutionary message. We are looking for a capable and passionate Senior Designer to join our creative, animated and driven team.
- Work closely with the director and other team members to detail the specifics of gameplay systems and to ensure successful feature execution.
- Perform ongoing design to iterate on, improve, and flesh out the game design throughout the development process
- Implement and tune systems, game designs, and experiences.
- Be able to maintain high level documentation related to systems and features.
- Utilize team feedback, data analysis, and user research feedback into clear actionable items to improve features and design processes.
- Mentor the design team to grow their skill sets and capabilities
- Establish and maintain best practices and processes for the design team, proactively improving how we do design
- Provide input into defining creative vision and technical specifications.
- 5+ years Game Design experience.
- Must have shipped at least 2 AA / AAA games as a Lead or Senior Game Designer role
- Has experience in leading a multidisciplinary team
- Deep knowledge of game systems and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of player psychology and gaming motivations.
- Ability to describe and break down gameplay components.
- Creativity and strong sense of pacing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Cooperative game design experience.
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 and Blueprint.
- Proactive work ethic, creative problem-solver who is not afraid of big challenges.
- Adept at working with multiple proprietary and technical systems/tools.
- Love of games: Specifically, open world and RPG titles as well as cooperative games.
- Passionate in bringing the messages of the Bible out in video game form.
What we offer
- Creative and inspiring work environment
- Varied, challenging and exciting work tasks
- Influence in decision-making
- Good opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive employment conditions
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in working for Bible X
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Contact person: Arve Solli | Job title: Head of Bible X | Office address: 1599 Moss, Norway
Apply by filling out the application under the tab “Apply for the job”